Dr Compton aims to always provide the highest quality care. Here is some basic information to support your first appointment.
On your initial appointment, please bring:
- Relevant letters from your treating practitioners eg doctor, physiotherapist, chiropractor, podiatrist, exercise physiologist, dietician or other allied health professional
- All relevant investigations – including blood tests and imaging
(eg x-ray, ultrasound, MRI)
- A list of current medications
- Your Medicare card
Please organise a referral from your General Practitioner (GP) to see Dr Compton. According to medicare guidelines, you will be ineligible to access subsidised imaging (such as MRI scans) without a GP referral.
Please provide 24 hours notice if your appointment needs to be rescheduled.
Clothing and equipment:
To make your appointment most effective:
- Please wear clothes / shoes that ensure adequate exposure for musculoskeletal examination
- If you have a lower limb or spinal problem, please dress so that you are comfortable while exposing your legs, or consider bringing shorts to change into
- Similarly, if you have a shoulder problem, please consider your attire to enable adequate exposure
- On occasion, running attire can be useful to reproduce subtle symptoms if a short run is required